Learning to draw can seem like a big undertaking without knowing what to focus on. Here are some drawing tips I have found to be very helpful. At the end of my post I have listed some great resources as well.
- Focus and look mostly at the subject you are drawing. (This gets you to draw what you see instead of what you know)
- Only glance at your paper.
- Seek out shapes.
- Train yourself to really look at what you're drawing instead of drawing what you know.
- Step away and look at your drawing in a mirror or take a picture. *****This tip is the one that helps me the most. I can see my errors when I look with different "eyes".
- Join monthly drawing challenges like this one hosted by Johanna Fritz. You could also join the #the100dayproject hosted by Elle Luna and make drawing your project.
Here is a link to some of my favorite supplies and resources.
Happy drawing! Please post any of your tips or ah ha moments below! I would love to hear from you!
To be sure you don't miss any fun future art tips and tutorial please sign up for my newsletter!
Thank you for stopping by! Fill your days with what you love!